We’ve created this guide to help keep your cushions from us clean and in great condition.
Cleaning cushion covers is one of those jobs we tend to put off. Not only is it a annoyance, but many people are unsure how to go about it and are worried about ruining them.
This guide will give you all there is to know about cleaning cushion covers but it is focussed upon removable covers.
How to machine wash cushion covers
Machine washing covers is the easiest way to get them clean. Always check the label to ensure you can wash them. All our collections can be put in the washing machine at 30 degrees.
Steps for machine washing:
- put them into your washing machine
- Select a cold water wash
- Select the most delicate cycle available (gentle or hand-wash)
- Add some mild detergent
How to hand wash cushion covers
If your covers have delicate patterns or material then hand washing them is best. If your cushions are different colours then make sure you wash them one at a time. Hand washing can be one of the best ways of cleaning your cushion covers.
Steps for hand washing:
- Fill your tub or basin with lukewarm water.
- Add some mild detergent and mix.
- Submerge cushion covers into the water.
- Gently knead it with your hands for a few minutes.
- Empty the basin and refill with clean water.
- Rinse thoroughly and squeeze it gently to release the water. Do not wring it out because it can cause it to change shape.
- Repeat this step until you feel all the detergent has been removed.
How to dry and ion cushion covers
Most of our cushion covers can be line dried but it’s always recommended to turn them inside out to avoid the colours fading in the sun.
After a wash you’ll most likely want to iron your covers but it’s important to check the material before you do.
Other more hardy material like cotton linen or polyester can be ironed with a cool iron but it’s always best to iron them inside out. If they have a print on them, definitely avoid placing the iron directly on the print.