If your walls are feelin’ lonely, then beautiful wall art, such as canvas prints are the perfect way to pull your space together. It also adds that extra character and charm that your home decor might lack. However, unless you’re an interior designer, choosing wall art for your space may not come naturally to you and can seem a little intimidating at first. That’s why we put together this list of tips and simple guidelines on how to choose wall art for your home to help you feel confident that you’ve picked the perfect masterpiece.
1. Size matters
While your canvas may be breath-taking, if the size isn’t right for your space, something will feel off. Too small and it’ll feel like something’s missing, too large and it’ll feel too crowded. So, you’ll want to keep these important sizing tips in mind before selecting your wall art:
- Your wall art should take up between 50%-75% of the wall space, whether that be of an empty hallway wall or a blank wall above furniture, such as your sofas, bed or fireplace. Chances are, that it will be a large space to fill, so when it doubt, go big.
- If you don’t want to select just one big piece, a great and stunning alternative is to group a few smaller pieces together to create a gallery wall.
- Give your wall art some room to breathe by hanging it between 6 to 12 inches above the top of the furniture.
- We have many sizes in our large canvas wall art, the small canvas wall art being 16 x 16 inches and our extra-large canvas wall art is 40 x 40 inches.
- There are so many to choose from but be sure to look our for out next range of wall art…
2. Select a theme
Another great and fun way to choose wall art is by selecting a theme for your room. Do you want a bright theme?
You can purchase matching wall art to cushions depending on the style of the room, there are so many collections available on the website, you can get matching pillows, cushions, placemats and canvas wall art and so much more.
Stay tuned for an update on each wall art prints available!